September 2019 InwardBound Retreat
With David McNamara, Rob Coffey, Caroline McMullen, Dr Darragh Stewart and Aoife Howe
September 20 - 24, 2019
5-Day Psychedelic Retreat
Our September 2019 retreat takes place in the heart of the Veluwe national park in the Netherlands. The retreat centre consists of 3 houses and has a hot tub, a pond for swimming and lovely walks in the surrounding forest. The autumn retreat will take full advantage of the remaining good weather with plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities and eco-therapy. The gathering will be energising, joyful and will provide the perfect container for a healing and nourishing group journey. During the 5-day retreat we will have 2 sessions with psilocybin truffles, complemented by a range of activities and therapies designed to maximise your experience and affect lasting change in your life.
This forms the focal point of our Psychedelic Retreat Programme.
This is what a typical programme looks like. Every participant is different and some activities may naturally suit some participants more than others. There’s plenty of time for reflection and time in nature and there’s no expectation to attend every activity.
- Medical screening and interview call (as required)
- Welcome pack
- Group introduction circle (video call)
- Session of 1:1 preparative consultation with psychotherapist
- The Retreat:
- 5x Day retreat in a beautiful location in the Netherlands.
- 2x Sessions with Psilocybin Truffles (stepped doses)
- 4x Nights private or shared accommodation
- Private bus transfer from Amsterdam to/from the retreat centre
- Small groups: 12 participants maximum
- Personal care: 5 full-time facilitators to maximise individual care and attention
- All meals: vegetarian, organic and local (where possible)
- Bodywork programme of yoga & qi gong
- Workshops in breathing techniques (e.g. pranayama, Wim Hof)
- Group intention setting, sharing and integration circles
- Embodiment movement therapy
- Art therapy and mandala work
- Eco therapy and nature walks
- Guaranteed individual consultations with all facilitators
- Depending on the participant, we may also offer:
- Session of 1:1 integrative consultation with psychotherapist
- Group Integration Circle (video call)
- Follow-up options and referrals
- Integration workbook
- Lifetime access to community
- Information Call: Wednesday, September 4, 2019 19:00 – 20:00 (Dublin time)
- Retreat (Netherlands): Friday 20th September – Tuesday 24th September, 2019
- Group Integration Call: Wednesday, October 9, 2019 19:00 – 20:00 (Dublin time)
Travel To/From the Netherlands
- Meeting point: Central Amsterdam – “Prins Heerlijk” Café at 18:00 on Friday 20th September 2019
- We provide transfer from Amsterdam to the retreat centre. If you have your own transportation, please let us know.
- Dropoff point: Schiphol Airport for 15:00 on Tuesday 24th September 2019
Consultations can be in person (Dublin) or over video call. Group calls are online using the Zoom app.
About the Venue
The venue is located in National Park The Veluwe and is surrounded by forest.
- Hot tub, a pond where you can swim and a terrace.
- Hairdryer, Iron, Washer, Dryer
- Free Wifi
- Extra Long Beds (> 2 metres)
- Entire unit wheelchair accessible
- Deposit of €400 is required to secure your place.
- If you do not qualify for the retreat programme, we will return your deposit.
- Read full Terms & Conditions.
David comes from the humanitarian sector, providing technical services for non-profit crisis-response agencies in the developing world. He has completed his master’s degree in Geographic Information Systems and has been working for an international NGO. David is pivoting to offer his operations and engineering skillset to the facilitation of healing retreats to those who may benefit. A decision from the heart! Crisis 15 years ago, David suffered a major life-crisis. Psilocybin mushrooms (then legal in Ireland!) played a huge part in his recovery and allowed him to move past old destructive patterns of thinking and experience divine connection to nature.…
Learn more about David McNamara
Lecturer/ Psychotherapist (IACP Preaccredited), BA Hons/ MSc Rob has a Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Integrative Psychotherapy (Level 9) from TPTI (Dublin City University), is a pre-accredited member of the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. He believes that only way to create change in the world is through inner psychological work, and his work had been around reconnecting people to themselves, to each other and to nature. In his twenties he was one of Ireland’s top whitewater kayakers, leading expeditions to most of the most remote locations on the planet, including Iran, northern India and Ethiopia to name but…
Learn more about Rob Coffey
Caroline has a passion for nature and reconnecting people to nature and to themselves through different healing modalities. She is qualified yoga instructor, art teacher and holistic therapist, with a particular focus on working with medicinal essential oils. She has been facilitating wellbeing retreats for the past 6 years, with particular emphasis on the healing power of mandalas as a mindfulness tool. Her energy and enthusiasm is infectious and the joy she brings is a real asset for our retreats.
Learn more about Caroline McMullen
Plant Geneticist, PhD Darragh has an honours degree in Natural Science and a Ph.D. in Plant Developmental Genetics. He is passionate about psychedelic science and specifically the role of plant medicines in mental health. In his mid-twenties under the immense pressure of the Ph.D., Darragh suffered from depression and anxiety due to the demanding nature of the work. During this time he had a life changing break-through both mentally and spiritually, with the aid of psychedelic medicines and the power of holistic healing. He is now passionate about helping others who may also benefit from the science of psychedelics. Having…
Learn more about Dr Darragh Stewart
Aoife has a strong connection to the land and ancestors of Ireland. She has lived close to the land for some years. Her roots are in Celtic spirituality, and she is currently training in a medicine lineage that is of Navajo, Native American tradition. She has also been trained and practices with Reiki and energy as a tool for healing. Aoife caters for our retreats. She believes in providing conscious, nourishing whole foods to our participants.
Learn more about Aoife Howe