David comes from the humanitarian sector, providing technical services for non-profit crisis-response agencies in the developing world. He has completed his master’s degree in Geographic Information Systems and has been working for an international NGO.
David is pivoting to offer his operations and engineering skillset to the facilitation of healing retreats to those who may benefit. A decision from the heart!
15 years ago, David suffered a major life-crisis. Psilocybin mushrooms (then legal in Ireland!) played a huge part in his recovery and allowed him to move past old destructive patterns of thinking and experience divine connection to nature.
David has since been exploring the remarkable healing potential of these organisms and has gained the experience to facilitate other’s access to this natural medicine.
The Wounded Healer
He is currently in his 3rd year of training as a Transpersonal Therapist at ICSS Dunderry Park. David has counselled many people using these effective techniques and has facilitated group journeys.
David is a passionate advocate of psilocybin mushrooms as master healers. He runs the community website Shrooms.ie to organise events and campaign for an end to psilocybin prohibition in Ireland.
- MSc GIS, University of Leeds
- BA (MOD) ICT, Trinity College Dublin
- 15 years experience with psilocybin medicine
- 15 years training experience with Tai Chi & Qi Gong
- Diploma in Psychotropic Plants
- Diploma in Medicinal Herbs
- Certificate in Shamanic Practice, Dunderry Park, Ireland
- Certificate in Shamanic Counselling, Dunderry Park, Ireland
- Certificate in Sustainable Development, Columbia University, USA
- Certificate in Peace Studies, Tamera, Portugal
- Certificate in Permaculture Design, Permaculture Institute of Turkey
- Certificate in Working with the Patterns of Nature, Schumacher College, UK
- Certificate in Leaders in Global Development, University of Queensland
- Founder, Shrooms.ie
Events with David McNamara
September 20, 2019
5-Day Psychedelic Retreat Our September 2019 retreat takes place in the heart of the Veluwe national park in the Netherlands. The retreat centre consists of 3 houses and has a hot tub, a pond for swimming and lovely walks in the surrounding forest. The autumn retreat will take full advantage of the remaining good weather with plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities and eco-therapy. The gathering will be energising, joyful and will provide the perfect container for a healing and nourishing group journey. During the 5-day retreat we will have 2 sessions with psilocybin truffles, complemented by a range of activities and…